The Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH), which is based at the New Mulago Hospital Complex in Uganda’s capital Kampala, is one of the four schools under the Makerere University College of Health Sciences (MakCHS). The school works to excel in public health training, research and community service.
The school is endowed with a vibrant, dynamic and knowledgeable team of bio-medical experts, social scientists, nutritionists, health systems specialists, social workers and experts from many other fields. The main responsibilities rotate around research, community service including consultancy and training/teaching. The school has undergraduate and post-graduate courses, short skills-based courses, research projects and community service projects.
Who we work with at MakSPH
- Elizabeth Ekirapa-Kiracho, FHS Uganda Country Coordinator (FHS publications)
- George Pariyo (FHS publications)
- Peter Waiswa
- Suzanne Kiwanuka (FHS publications)
- Olico Okui (FHS publications)
- Aloysius Mutebi (FHS publications)
- John Bua
- Chrispus Mayora (FHS publications)
- Kakaire Kirunda (FHS publications)